Welcome to the Centre for Terahertz Science and Engineering (CTSE), established in February 2012. This Imperial College London centre is in partnership with the UK's RAL Space Millimetre Wave Technology Group and is located within the Faculty of Engineering at Imperial College London. Our main goal is to become the leading UK platform for terahertz (THz) science and engineering, dedicated to the following:
- Research and development of new materials and their electromagnetic characterization for THz applications
- Research and development of passive components and active devices, based on advanced functional materials and micro/nano-fabrication processing technologies
- Exploration of new applications in the areas of telecommunication and electromagnetic sensing for bioengineering, security and defence applications
- Interdisciplinary education and training in electromagnetic material characterization, millimetre-wave and terahertz engineering, device/circuit simulation and metrology.
In addition, CTSE provides:
- A forum to stimulate more formal inter-departmental/faculty collaboration at Imperial College London, ensuring cross-fertilisation between different fields of research.
- A joint facility for external collaboration with academia, research laboratories, government agencies and industry.
- A forum for the exchange of ideas between researchers, as well as a focal point for the exchange of expertise and resources.
- A venue for educational teaching activities (e.g. joint masters degree courses and Summer Schools).