Terahertz Applications Engineer
TeraView Ltd is the world’s first and leading provider of terahertz solutions to Fortune 500 companies across a variety of industries. TeraView was created in 2001 from a relationship between the Toshiba Corporation and the Cavendish Laboratory at the University Cambridge. TeraView’s vision is to establish terahertz as the premier imaging and inspection tool for the 21st century, comparable to the enormous success of X-Ray the latter half of the last century, and more recently ultrasound.
We are currently looking for an Applications Engineer based in the north eastern region of the US. The Applications Engineer will be expected to support customers in technical pre- and post-sales activities, and be effective at managing customer relationships. The ideal candidate will have technical background with a good first degree in physics, chemistry or a related discipline. The candidate will also have ideally worked for a number of years in an optical-based instrumentation company with exposure to the pharmaceutical, chemical, semiconductor or process control industries.
The key tasks involved will be:
· Providing technical advice and support to customers at both pre- and post-sales stages
· Develop technical proposals, quotations and help facilitate orders
- Help plan and support marketing activity such as tradeshows, roadshows, user meetings and lead generation activities
- Provide technical training to employees of our customers
· Attending conference and technical meetings
· Supporting the customer by addressing their requirements in a wide variety of application areas
· Maintain technical service database and reference files, documenting response times and delivering on commitments made to customer
· Communicate customer and product feedback to Marketing and R&D to further improve quality and the customer experience
· Contribute to technical publications, application notes
· First point of contact for customer feedback
· Regular contact with TeraView’s installed based within the United States
· Travel within the US will be required on a frequent basis, with regular trips to the UK also required
Software skills required include
Other skills, experience and characteristics required
· Collaborative team player
· Proactive mind set
· Highly organised
· Attention to detail
· Being able to work with minimal supervision
· Good communicator
· Positive mind set
· A valid driving licence is required
· Critical thinking skills
· Good understanding of terahertz spectroscopy and imaging
· Background in spectroscopy instrumentation
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV and a support letter in their application detailing why they are right for the job. These should be sent to:-email@example.com.
TeraView offers flexible working hours with an excellent salary and benefits package, along with the opportunity for highly-motivated staff to work together in a friendly, intellectually stimulating and challenging environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and pride ourselves on our diverse workforce. For further information and background on the company, please visit our website on: www.teraview.com
No agencies please.