Application sales scientist
TeraView Ltd is the world’s first and leading provider of terahertz solutions to Fortune 500 companies, in a variety of industries. TeraView was created in 2001 from a relationship between the Toshiba Corporation and the Cavendish Laboratory at the University Cambridge. TeraView’s vision is to establish terahertz as the premier imaging and inspection tool for the 21st century, comparable to the enormous success of X-Ray the latter half of the last century, and more recently ultrasound.
We are currently looking for an Application Sales Scientist based Cambridge, UK.
The ideal candidate will have;
A good technical background:
- · Good first degree in physics or chemistry
- · Ph.D. in a physical science
- · A background one or more of the following areas
- Multi-spectral imaging
- Terahertz imaging
- Terahertz spectroscopy
With desirable skills in:
- Background in spectroscopy instrumentation
- MATLAB programming skills
Also, software skills required include in:
Other skills, experience and characteristics required:
· Technical background
· Collaborative team player
· Proactive mind-set
· Highly organised
· Attention to detail
· Being able to work with minimal supervision
· A valid driving licence is required
The key tasks they will engage in:
- · Providing technical advice to customers at both pre- and post-sales stages
- · Providing support and explanation to customers by email, by phone and in person
- · Develop technical proposals, quotations, and orders
- · Generate and approve pricing, schedule and product offering for quotation to prospective customers
- Plan and direct marketing activity such as marketing strategy development, marketing materials generation, tradeshow support and lead generation activities
- Attending conference and technical meetings
- · Supporting the customer by addressing their requirements in a wide variety of application areas
- · Maintain technical service database and reference files, documenting response times and delivering on commitments made to customer
- · Communicate customer and product feedback to Marketing and R&D to further improve quality and the customer experience
- · Contribute to technical publications, application notes and SOPs.
- · First point of contact for customer feedback
- · The candidate will be expected to travel up 50% of their time world-wide.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV and a support letter in their application detailing why they are right for the job. These should be sent to:-firstname.lastname@example.org.
TeraView offers flexible working hours with an excellent salary and benefits package, along with the opportunity for highly-motivated staff to work together in a friendly, intellectually stimulating and challenging environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and pride ourselves on our diverse workforce. For further information and background on the company, please visit our website on: www.teraview.com
No agencies please.